We had our own party, but it's ineligible for voting, not just because that's technically cheating, but also because it sucked. The only person that showed up was One-Leg Craig, our time-traveling intern staff writer turned homeless heroin addict.
So without further ado, here are our participants, listed in order of submission:
1. Andrew at StrangePegs threw a party for Slim that included bouncy castles, a public pool, and a couple of drunken Santas. And who doesn't love the mental image of 20 drunk homeless people jumping in a bouncy castle full of terrified children?
See Andrew's entry here!
2. Jaybird over at The Bird's Nest held Slim's party in the public library, where he got an actual book signing. This entry not only features pizza bagels and Cheez Whiz, but it also shows actual pictures of the event. Missing from the pictures are Slim, who's a bit camera shy. Also, imaginary.
See Jaybird's entry here!
3. Elsie over at Mock Turtle's Musings (and Elsie Is Writing) threw Slim's party on the Denver 16th Street Mall's free mall ride, which she turned into a rockin' party bus full of drunken homeless people singing like maniacs. While they lack instruments, training, and talent, I'd be willing to bet they still sound better than Ke$ha.
See Elsie's entry here!
4. Winopants at Wino on a Ramble held Slim's party in a restaurant infested with rats. That might sound like a bad time, but between the Mexican witchery and a bit of sweet justice for Amelia, I'd say Slim had a blast at this swanky shindig.
See Winopants' entry here!
5. Cheryl over at The Art of Being Conflicted threw Slim's party in City Park, complete with roaring trash can fires and fancily cut PBJ's. Can't quite picture it in your head? Well worry not, there are glorious MSPaint representations
See Cheryl's entry here!
6. Lia at Your Predefined Taste had Slim's party in a subway. What it lacked in hygiene it made up for with a boombox blasting Gangnam Style. Look for a cameo by the two of us, acting drunk and belligerent! Lia knows us so well.
See Lia's entry here!
7. Powdered Toast Man over at Just the Cheese threw Slim's party in the #9 Loop Bus, where they snacked on ketchup packets and rooted through the lost and found box. To the two of us that just sounds like a typical Friday night, but to Slim, it was the party of a lifetime.
See PTM's entry here!
8. Last but certainly not least Riot Kitty threw Slim a LOLCat party. That's right, cat parties are no longer just for lonely 50 year old spinsters! You bring the catnip, I'll bring the shame and loneliness!
See Riot Kitty's entry here!
So we wanted to have them all fight each other to the death in a steel cage grudge match, but apparently that's "illegal," so we're going to let you the reader decide. Who threw the best party? Who deserves to win a guest appearance and the signed manuscript? Vote now or the communists win!